Thursday, July 12, 2012

Italy - from 4/28

A few days ago, I made a decision.  It's time for action.  Time to work on getting my Italian passport.  Thinking about traveling and life lately, I just realized that I may really want to go abroad again for awhile.  It may just be the thirst for another adventure.  It may be that I miss the mornings in Europe, the emphasis on play and not just work, the experience of another culture, the walks I used to take at night to feel the energy in the air, the food.  I feel like there may be a change ahead on the horizon of some sort.  And that if there is, I should be ready for it.

I think that in the past I always put the idea off because I was afraid of ditching the real family that I had found, my friends, and ending up alone trying to make a new one in a new place.  Which seems frightfully silly from where I am seeing things at the moment.  My friends are always there no matter what.  And life should never be lived holding back even just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment